Mandrill is a transactional email API for MailChimp users. It's dedicated, powerful, and perfect for sending data-driven emails, including targeted e-commerce and personalized one-to-one messages. To use Mandrill, you need a Mailchimp account. In this article, we will understand how to add mandrill as an email service provider in NotifyVisitors.
Configuring Mandrill In NotifyVisitors
1. NotifyVisitors allows you to add Mandrill as an email service provider.
2. To configure Mandrill, Navigate to NotifyVisitors Dashboard> Settings> Channel> Email
Now, click on Add Service Provider to select Mandrill as a service provider.
After that, you need to fill in the information to configure it such as
Name - Name of your Mandril account, so that if you want to use more than one Mandrill account, you can identify them uniquely
API Key - provided by Mandrill when an account is created
Sender Email - the "from" email address for the emails
Note: If you tick the Save as Default checkbox then Mandrill will be automatically set as a default service provider for upcoming campaigns.
What are the prerequisites before integration?
1. Firstly, ensure that the email/domain in your mandrill account is authenticated.
2. To get the API key, Navigate to Mandrill dashboard>Settings> SMTP & API Info and click on the API keys button to create a new API key.
3. Next, check if the API key generated in Mandrill has full access.
How to add Mandrill as an email service provider in a campaign?
To add Mandrill as an email service provider, Navigate to NotifyVisitors Dashboard> Campaigns> Email.
There are five stages for creating an email campaign.
In the Content Stage, you get an option to select the service provider from the dropdown for that particular campaign.
Here we have added Mandrill as a service provider for this campaign. Likewise, you can select any other service provider as well for your campaign. Also, in the case of multiple Mandrill accounts, you can also select a particular mandrill account ( In this case mandrill_p) for a particular campaign.
Configuring Webhook for tracking delivered, bounced, rejected, or spam rate.
By configuring webhook you can track delivered, bounced, rejected or spam emails so that you prevent sending emails to that specific email id. It will improve further email delivery rates. To track the results,
1. Go to the email settings and turn on the email notification.
2. Now, Navigate to the settings within the EVENT NOTIFICATION.
3. Add the below Callback URL in the HTTP post URL in the input box:
4. Next, go to the SELECT options menu. Choose Delivered, Soft-Bounced, Bounced, Rejected and Marked as Spam options.
5. Now Update your settings.
Note: In case any of the email campaigns bounces or drops. Those email addresses will themselves be marked as inactive by NotifyVisitors. Also, you can view the count of email bounces on the email report screen.
Once you are done with the configuration you are all set to use Mandrill as an email service provider.