We are aware of how crucial it is to check campaigns properly before sending them to subscribers. You can share what you're working on with colleagues by sending test emails to see how the information will appear in your inbox. You are only permitted to send a certain number of tests though. Learn about test email sending restrictions in this article, as well as what you can do once you have reached your limit.
Why Do We Limit Test Sends
Test emails can be sent to people that are not part of your contact list. You can send the tests to your friend, colleague, and family. Scammers can take advantage of such features and are likely to abuse the system. Therefore, we apply sending limits so that such activities don’t occur.
Note: There is no rate limit while you are sending emails through the test segment, as they are already in your contact list.
Test Sending Limits
NotifyVisitors imposes a limit on the amount of test emails you send per campaign and per day. There is also a limitation over the number of addresses allowed in each test. Each address you include in a test counts toward the total number of test sends for that campaign and for the whole 24-hour period. As a result, if you send one test email to five addresses, it would be included as five test emails for that particular campaign. The specific limit is 500 SMS or emails for every 24 hours, it applies to all NotifyVisitors Plans.
What Should I Do If My Test Email Wasn’t Delivered
- Check the recipient's email address for typos or mistakes.
- Check your email account's spam or junk mail folder to see if the email was delivered there.
- Check with the recipient to see if they have a firewall or spam filter that may be blocking the email.
- If you are using a new email account, it's possible that the email provider's servers have not yet been fully set up or configured. In this case, you may need to wait a little longer for the email to be delivered.
Why My Test SMS Wasn’t Delivered
- Check to make sure that the phone number you are sending the SMS to is correct.
- Check to see if the phone you are sending the SMS to is turned on and has signal.
- Make sure that you have a strong signal on your phone as well. If your phone has low signal strength, it may not be able to send the SMS.
- Make sure that you have sufficient credits on your NV account or service provider account to send SMS messages.