There are numerous situations where you may want to add links in your campaigns to engage your customers. These clickable text links can be added when you want your recipients:
• To visit your website or your store.
• To send a mail, SMS or make a call for further enquiries, feedback and support.
With NotifyVisitors Drag & Drop Email Editor you can easily add links to your campaigns and track click through rates.
In this article, you’ll learn:
⇢ The types of links available with the Drag & Drop Editor.
⇢ How to use the link tool to add a link to your email campaign.
Types Of Links
The following types of links are available in the Drag & Drop Email Editor:
Create a link to any website of your choice. An absolute link with the prefixes http:// or https:// is required for the URL.
Create a mailto link for your contacts so that when they click over the link, an immediate email response is generated with a pre-filled subject and body for their convenience.
Create a call to link for your contacts so that when they click over the link, a call can be made to a linked number.
Create an SMS link so that when your contact clicks over it, an immediate pre-filled message will be generated for them to send to a linked number.
Add A Link To Email Campaign
To insert a link to your Email campaign, you will have to follow the following steps:
• Navigate to Campaigns over the NotifyVisitors Dashboard.
• Click on Email Campaign.
• Enter Campaign Information and click on continue to content.
• A new modal shall follow where you will have to enter campaign content and create design of your email.
• Select the Drag & Drop Editor and click on create Design.
• The email template editor opens up. Just drag and drop the text block from the contents and link text you want to display, say 'contact us', or a website URL, 'email us', etc.
• Now after typing the text, choose the link tool from the tool bar appearing just below the text.
• A new modal will appear asking you to choose the type of link you want to insert and then enter further details.
• Select a suitable link type which you want to add to the campaign.
A. To add a URL / web link, follow these steps:
1. Click on the URL link type. The following modal shall follow.
2. Enter the URL link and title, specify the target.
3. Click on OK to continue.
4. You will get back to the Drag & Drop Editor window with the URL link you added.
B. To add mailto link, follow these steps:
1. Select email option from the link type.
2. A new modal shall appear wherein you will have to enter
a. Enter the email address you want your contacts to reply to.
b. Enter a default subject line and a message you want your contacts to use. Your contact can change this if they want.
c. Enter the hover over link text which will appear for accessibility.
d. Enter the title and specify the target.
3. Click on OK to continue.
4. You will return to the Drag & Drop Editor window wherein the mailto link will appear.
C. To add telephone link, follow these steps:
1. Select Tel option from the link type.
2. Add a valid contact number.
3. Enter the text to display to your contact.
4. Give a title and specify a target.
5. Click on OK to continue.
6. You will return to the Drag & Drop Editor window wherein the call to link will appear.
D. To add an SMS link, follow these steps:
1. Select the SMS option from the link type.
2. Enter a valid contact number.
3. Enter a default message you want your contacts to use. The message can be edited by the sender.
4. Enter the text you want to display to your contacts.
5. Enter the title and specify targets.
6. You will return to the Drag & Drop Editor wherein the SMS link will appear.
• Also, you can define the content properties of the text link you added. You can specify the text colour, link colour, line height, letter Spacing and the size of the Block from the content section.
• Further, You can click on the 'Save As Template' option which will save your template here and can be used for further email campaigns from the 'My Templates' section.