Nowadays, handling contacts is one of the challenging tasks one needs to deal with. You have their information, such as their source, location, what actions they have performed, and much more. But when it comes to sending them campaigns, you must pay close attention and organize everything and this is where segments come into the picture.
NotifyVisitors allows you to create different segments based on different attributes and user properties to track the key metrics of your campaigns easily. In this article, you will learn how to create a segment in the NotifyVisitors dashboard.
How to create a segment in NotifyVisitors:
1. Navigate to the NotifyVisitors dashboard> Segment > Create new segments.
2. Click on CREATE NEW SEGMENT and create the following segments :
Past Behavior Segment
- Segment users who performed one or more events in the past
- Segment users who did an event but did not perform any event further.
- Segment users who did do events or not, filtered by demographic properties. For example - You can create and configure birthday campaigns. You can automate the campaigns based on the users' birthdate (demographic properties ).
How to create a Past Behavior segment :
You can create a Past Behavior segment based on the following parameters:
A. User profile
Let's understand it better with the help of an example - Suppose you want to track the analytics for the drop-off users who visited your site and added the product to the cart but did not perform any action further. In other words, they added the product but did not purchase the product and dropped- it off from the site.
A. User profile: Now add the user property, i.e. the user attributes. If you want a track of the users who visited the site from a specific country, add the product to the cart but d not purchase the product. You can add "country attribute" and conditions and values as given in the below image.
Note: You can add other attributes also, such as UTM, source, location, traffic source, activity, system, etc. Add conditions and values accordingly.
B. User behavior: Next, You can select "any rule" or "all rules must satisfy" conditions as per your requirements. Add the time frame and the count of the users (ADD CONDITION) who performed the event.
Let's take a look at the example :
Suppose you want to track and target the users who added the product to the cart but did not purchase the product in the last 30 days. You will be able to track only the users who added the product to the cart or only the users who did not purchase the product if you select "Any rule can satisfy". That means you will be able to track any one of the events. Whereas, if you select "all rules must satisfy",. You can track both events.
Note: You can add other rules for the people who performed/did not perform the event and specify the number of users who performed/did not perform the event.
Click on the UPDATE button. You can view the created segment in the segment list in the dashboard.
Custom List Segment
You can create a segment based on the list of the users you have created and uploaded.
How to create a Custom List segment :
- Navigate to the custom list segments and click on the list-based category to create a new segment.
- Assign the name to the segment and upload a CSV file to create a segment for the uploaded users. Here you can create the segment for those users who were present in the CSV and use this segment for your campaign further.
- Click on the Next button and upload the file to create the segment.
Note: You can view the created segments in the dashboard.
- You can navigate back to the segment list to delete the segment, edit it or view the analytics.
The purpose of creating segments is to ease up the process of tracking and targeting the users based on user behavior and properties. To use the segments across different channels, go to the already created segment and click on campaigns.
You can easily target the segments further across various channels (SMS, push, pop-ups and email, etc.) with catchy offers.
How to check the Segments Analytics?
To check the analytics of your segment, go to the already created segment and go to Analytics.
Once you click on Analytics, you can check the following things for your segment.
Segment Size: No. of known/anonymous users present in the segment.
Reachability: No. of users who are reachable via different channels.
Users List: You can check the profiles of users present in the segment.
This is how you can create segments and target users based on their attributes and events.