Birthday campaigns are engaging and personalized campaigns to let customers know that you care about them and their needs. Personalization is integral to a marketing strategy to fetch and retain customers for longer. Marketing automation has made it possible to create personalized campaigns and automate them to schedule them for a specific period. Read this article to know more about the configuration of the birthday campaigns in NotifyVisitors.
Collecting birthdates of users
The Date of Birth shall be passed in the 'birth_date' attribute, and the date format should be 'yyyy-mm-dd'
How to configure birthday campaigns in NotifyVisitors
NotifyVisitors enables you to schedule and automates birthday campaigns for all your users. All you have to do is create a segment and add rules to it.
You can configure birthday campaigns by following a simple two-step process:
- Creating a birthday segment
- Configuring a recurring campaign
Creating a birthday segment
- Navigate to the NotifyVisitors Dashboard > Segments > Create New Segment.
- Click on 'Create New Segment' and select the 'Actions with Users Properties' feature to create a new segment.
- Click on the 'Actions with User Properties' and specify a name for the segment.
- Click on the 'Save' button to create the segment.
- Now you need to add rules for your segment. Under the 'User Profile' section, select the attribute 'Birth Date' and add different conditions to segment the users as per the requirement. Let’s understand it with the help of use cases.
- Scenario 1: Send campaign before birthday For instance, the customer's birthday is a week later, in that case, you can send a campaign by selecting the next condition and choosing 7 days gap as a value so that you can wish them a week before in advance and offer them birthday discounts.
- Scenario 2: Wish them on the same day. For instance, suppose the customer's birthday is today, in that case, you need to select the 'Today' condition so that you can send them the campaign exactly on their big day.
Don’t forget to select the precomputed option, so that the segment keeps on updating on a daily basis.
Keep in mind that if you want to keep the segment updated at regular intervals, your segment should be precomputed.
Once you have defined all the conditions, simply click on the 'Publish Segment' button in order to publish the segment.
- When you are done with the Segment step, you need to create a recurring email campaign, where you need to select a birthday segment that we have created above.
By creating the campaign and selecting the segment you are all set to wish your customer as per your plan.
Learn more about the available time frame conditions
- Between: Select this condition from the drop-down menu and define the time frame for the users whose birthday falls between the defined time frame.
- On: If you want to schedule the birthday campaign for a specific date, you can choose this condition, and the users whose birthday will fall on the chosen day, will receive the campaign.
- In the last: Choose this condition to schedule the automated birthday campaigns for the users whose birthdays had fallen in the last ten days (specify the value per your choice ) from the day you configured the condition.
You need to specify the value in days.
- In the last range: Schedule the campaigns for the users whose birthdays will fall in the last specified range of the days. For example, if you have chosen the value from 3 to 12 days, users whose birth date was between 3 to 12 days from the present day will receive the campaign.
- Was exactly: With this condition, you can set the exact period for the birth dates and schedule the campaigns for the users whose birthday was exactly before the value you selected.
- In the next: Schedule the campaigns for the users whose birthday will be falling in the next 'n' number of days.
- In the next range: Schedule the campaigns for the users whose birthdays will fall in the next specified range of days. For example, if you have chosen the value from 2 to 10 days, users whose birth date will fall in the next 2 to 10 days from the present day will receive the campaign.
- Will be exactly: With this condition, you can set the exact period for the birth dates and schedule the campaigns for the users whose birthdays will be exactly after the value you selected.
- Today: You can also configure the 'today' condition and schedule the campaigns for the users who will be having a birthday today.
All the conditions will be updated automatically except the 'Between' and 'On' ones, as we are already specifying a defined period for the campaigns.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article