In today's digital landscape, where user attention is fleeting and competition is fierce, captivating and engaging users is a paramount challenge. However, with NotifyVisitors at your disposal, you hold the key to creating impactful iOS push notification campaigns that will captivate your audience. This comprehensive guide will empower you with the knowledge and tools necessary to deliver personalized and timely notifications to your app users. This article will transform you into a master of iOS push notifications. Get ready to harness the true power of NotifyVisitors and drive unparalleled user engagement in the digital realm.
Creating a campaign
To create an Ios push campaign using NotifyVisitors, follow the steps laid down below:
- Navigate to the campaigns section from the left-hand menu on the NotifyVisitors panel. Click on "create campaign" and select "Ios Push" as the campaign type.
- Once you click Ios push, a new modal shall appear where you will have to select the suitable type of push campaign you want to send i.e. 'one time', 'Recurring', 'CSV Upload' and’ transactional (API). Further select a suitable audience type i.e. ‘Send to all users’, ‘ send to all users in multiple segments and/or Don’t send to the user in certain segments.
- For detailed information about these options and to determine the most suitable one for your campaign, please refer to our comprehensive guide on "Types of Push Notifications". This guide will provide you with in-depth insights to make an informed decision.
- Now, click on 'create campaign'.
- Next, you will be presented with the opportunity to choose the desired notification type. NotifyVisitors provides a range of options, including standard, rich, audio, video, gif campaigns. Assess your campaign objectives and content and then select the notification type that aligns best with your goals.
- Standard: A basic iOS push notification with a title, message, and optional icon, providing essential information to the users.
- Rich: Enhance user experience with visually engaging iOS push notifications that include images and interactive elements, creating a captivating experience.
- Audio: Add an auditory dimension to your iOS push notifications by incorporating sound or music, effectively capturing users' attention and conveying information.
- Video: Deliver compelling messages through iOS push notifications by incorporating videos, enabling you to showcase products or demonstrate features.
- GIF: Make your iOS push notifications more dynamic and eye-catching by including animated GIFs, instantly capturing users' attention and conveying information in a visually appealing way.
Once you've selected the notification type, a new screen will appear where you have to give it a name and then click on "create". This will bring up a series of tabs at the bottom. The number of tabs may vary depending on the chosen push notification type. These tabs include "description," "media," "advanced options," "targeting rules," and "schedule notification." Each tab offers specific settings and configurations for your notification campaign, allowing you to customize various aspects such as content, media attachments, targeting criteria, and more. Navigating through these tabs enables you to tailor your notification campaign to meet your preferences and requirements, ensuring that the message and delivery align with your marketing or communication objectives.
Now let us discuss each tab in detail:
- Title: Enter a concise and descriptive title that clearly conveys the purpose of your notification, such as "Limited Time Offer" or "Exclusive Discount Inside!"
- Message: Craft a short and engaging message that delivers your key message. For example, you could say, "Enjoy a special discount of 30% off on all products this weekend only. Don't miss out!"
- Target: Choose the suitable target option from the dropdown menu, such as "Navigate in App," "Navigate to Webpage," "Navigate to Third-Party App," "Share," or "Call." This selection determines the specific action that users will be directed to within your mobile app when they interact with the notification.
- iOS View Controller: Choose the appropriate iOS view controller that will be displayed when users interact with the notification. This helps ensure that users are presented with relevant and engaging content.
- Extra Action: Enable the "Copy Coupon Code" checkbox to provide users with the option to easily copy the coupon code associated with the notification. This allows them to conveniently access and redeem the discount during their purchase.
- Coupon Code: Specify the unique coupon code that users can use to avail the offered discount. For example, "Enter code SAVE30 at checkout." Make sure to provide clear instructions on how users can apply the coupon code to maximize their savings.
Also, alongside assigning an action to the notification itself, you have the option to include two additional action buttons within the notification. These buttons serve the purpose of offering users multiple choices to engage with the notification content, enabling them to select from a range of actions.
To add an action button:
- Go to the action buttons panel.
- Enter the text for the button.
- Select target options for the button, similar to the descriptions tab.
- Note that target options here are triggered by clicking the action button, not the notification itself.
- You can add one more action button with necessary information.
- Remember that there's limited space, allowing a maximum of two action buttons.
- Once done, click "Save and Continue" to proceed to the next tab.
In the "media" tab, you can enhance your notification by including an image. You have the choice to either provide the image's URL or upload it from your device. This image will serve as the rich image. Keep in mind that the recommended image size for the icon is 512px by 256px.
In order to include an image/Gif in your iOS push notification, you have two options. Firstly, you can simply enter the URL of the desired image into the designated field. Alternatively, you can upload an image directly from your personal computer by selecting the "Upload Image" option.
If you wish to send an audio or video iOS push notification, the process is equally straightforward. When selecting the audio or video notification type, you will be prompted to enter the URL of the desired audio or video file in the provided field. After entering the URL, click on the "Save Audio and Video" button to complete the process.
These user-friendly methods allow you to seamlessly incorporate images, audio, and video content into your iOS push notifications, enabling you to deliver engaging and multimedia-rich messages to your audience.
Kindly note that the range of media you can include depends on the type of notification you select. For instance, if you opt for a GIF-based notification, the media tab will present you with options to add GIFs specifically. Please ensure to choose the appropriate media format that corresponds to your selected notification type.
In the "advanced options" tab, you'll find customization features such as message life, frequency capping, Do Not Disturb (DND), conversion tracking, and more. These options enable you to personalize the notification based on your preferences, optimize its delivery, and track user engagement for enhanced analytics. For further information, click here.
Action button parameters
Action button parameters allow you to include additional information or data when a user interacts with an action button in a notification. When the user clicks the button, you can pass specific parameters to provide context or trigger specific backend actions. For instance, with an action button labeled "Buy Now," you can pass parameters like product ID or SKU to track user interest and actions performed like adding to the shopping cart or initiating checkout.
Targeting rules for push notifications involve criteria that determine the recipients based on specific attributes or conditions, ensuring appropriate delivery to the intended audience. These rules include:
- Basic rule: Choose specific subscribers as the target audience.
- Location rule: Target users based on their geographical location.
- Select group: Select specific preference groups for targeting.
- Audience: Choose segments or specific subsets of users.
- Geofencing rule: Select a designated geofencing area for targeting.
These rules help ensure that notifications reach the right audience at the right time.
To know more in detail about each of these options, kindly refer to our guide “Understanding Targeting Rules for Push Notifications.”
These rules enhance the personalization and targeting of push notifications, improving their effectiveness.
However, in CSV or transactional (API) based campaigns, you may notice the absence of the "targeting rules" tab. This is because:
- CSV-based campaigns exclusively target users listed in the CSV file, eliminating the need for additional targeting options.
- Transactional (API) based notifications are sent to individual users in real-time based on specific events or actions, making targeting options unnecessary in this context.
In both cases, the nature of the campaign ensures focused communication without the need for additional targeting rules.
Scheduling is vital in delivering push notifications at the optimal time for user engagement. The schedule notification options offer flexibility and control, enabling you to determine when and how frequently notifications are sent. Whether it's a one-time notification for a specific event or recurring notifications to engage users over an extended period, these scheduling options empower you to fine-tune your messaging strategy.
Enter the schedule notification details as per your requirements and click on finish.
Also, scheduling notifications vary by notification type. Kindly refer to our guide “Types Of Push Notifications” to set up scheduling options based on the type of notification you’ve selected.
By effectively utilizing these scheduling options, you can maximize the impact of your push notifications by ensuring they reach your target audience at the most opportune moments. This strategic timing increases the likelihood of user interaction and conversion, optimizing the effectiveness of your messaging.
Send test notification
The "send test notification" feature enables you to send a trial campaign to a small group of users for evaluating and validating your notification before reaching a wider audience. You can access this option in the upper right corner of the campaign creation interface for all types of notifications.
When setting up your notification campaign, you can create a test campaign by clicking on the "send test notification" button. A popup window will appear, offering you choices to select test users. You have the option to send the test notification to all test users by clicking on "send to all test users."
To choose specific test users, follow these steps: Go to the "segments" section and access the "User list" tab. Click on the desired user's name, and in the top right corner of the window that appears, select the "test user" option.
Alternatively, if you want to send the test notification to a particular user, you can enter their device ID or subscription ID in the provided field.
Once you have made your selections, click "send" to send the test notification to the chosen users. Furthermore, at the bottom of the "send test notification" window, you can find a history of previously sent test notifications for reference and review. This functionality allows you to thoroughly test and refine your notifications before sending them to your intended audience.
Duplicate a notification campaign
To easily create a new notification campaign with settings similar to an existing one, you have the option to duplicate the campaign. In the campaign section of the panel, find the notification campaign you want to duplicate and click on the ellipsis button (three dots) located next to it. From the available options, choose "duplicate."
By duplicating a campaign, you can create an identical copy that includes all the properties and configurations of the original campaign. This allows you to make any required modifications to the duplicated campaign while keeping the original as a point of reference. Duplicating campaigns can be a time-saving and efficient approach, particularly when you need to create multiple campaigns with similar characteristics.
To view the analytics reports for your notification campaigns, follow these steps: Go to the ‘Campaigns’ section in the left menu. Find the campaign for which you wish to access the analytics and click on the ellipsis button (three dots) next to it. Among the options that appear, choose ‘Analytics’.
Within the analytics window, you will discover a wealth of information and detailed statistics regarding your notifications. This includes delivery statistics, CTA (Call to Action) clicks, failures, and discards. Additionally, you can access reports on notification center activity, which encompass total clicks, inbox views, and inbox push views.
Creating an iOS push notification campaign provides a valuable opportunity to engage and communicate with your iOS app users effectively. By utilizing the steps outlined in this guide, you can craft captivating notifications and deliver them seamlessly to enhance user engagement and improve the overall app experience. Embrace the potential of iOS push notifications today and unlock the benefits of impactful mobile communication. Start your iOS push notification campaign now and witness the positive impact on user engagement and satisfaction.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article