Sign-up forms are crucial for every business to progress in present times. With effective Sign-up forms you can collect email addresses and other vital information in order to expand your email list and increase the number of customers you convert. NotifyVisitors provides you with a drag and drop tool to create a signup form with various customization options and fields to collect user data.
In this article you will learn about:
- SMS consent (where you want to validate users mobile number and receive their consent to communicate through SMS)
- Email consent (where you want to validate users email ID and receive their consent to communicate through email)
- Whatsapp opt-in checkbox (where you want to validate users whatsapp account and receive their consent to communicate over whatsapp)
- Terms and conditions checkbox
Why such consent is important
WhatsApp opt-in label, SMS, and email
When you want to communicate via whatsapp, SMS or email, it is quite important to seek visitors' permission to receive notifications over whatsapp, SMS, or Email.
SMS, email, and WhatsApp opt-in consent in signup forms provide businesses with direct communication channels with their customers, which can increase engagement, personalize messaging, and target specific customer segments. By collecting contact information, businesses can build their email and SMS lists, increase brand awareness, and stay top-of-mind with their customers. Additionally, these provide customers with the opportunity to opt-in to receive messages, which indicates their interest in the business and its products or services.
NotifyVisitors enables its client with the feature to design a signup form with utmost independence and include various new fields and checkboxes.
Overall, businesses should tailor their signup forms to their specific needs while keeping in mind privacy and consent considerations to create a positive user experience.
How to add a new field to a Sign-up Form
Phone number field
When it comes to signing up for subscriptions, the phone number field in the signup form is a critical element of the process. Including this field allows you to collect phone numbers and personalize communication via SMS. It further facilitates SMS OTP verification, a popular way for websites and apps to verify user identity while signing up for subscriptions. It involves sending a unique code to the user's registered mobile number to confirm their identity and prevent fraudulent signups. SMS OTP provides an extra layer of security for user accounts and helps safeguard personal information.
A phone number field that appears on the signup form of a website, allows users to opt-in to receive SMS messages from the website or company. This feature is incredibly valuable for businesses, as it allows them to send targeted and personalized messages directly to their customers' mobile devices.
Add phone number field to a Form
- Navigate to NotifyVisitors Dashboard > Onsite > Signup Forms.
- Select the signup form head and click on create new signup form. To know more about designing a signup form kindly check out our article 'How To Design A Signup Form'.
- Enter the form details- title, position and select segment.
- Now, click on create button.
- Choose the required signup form type and click on create your own option or choose from prebuilt templates.
- Now drag and drop the form tool from the contents, if you have selected a pre built template, you can skip this step.
- Click on form to view content properties and then click on edit form.
- A new modal shall appear where you will have to select the suitable form layout.
- Now, click on add new field drop down menu and add phone number field.
- You will now see the new field added to the form field layout. Also you can drag and drop each field to rearrange them according to your designing requirement.
- The Phone Number Input Field will already be pre-mapped to the correct system field.
- After defining the field attributes, proceed to click on 'create form'.
- In the settings tab, you have the option to enable OTP verification for the signup form. To know more please refer to the article 'Signup Form OTP Verification'.
- You will find your Sign up form along with the phone number field. This will allow you to send SMS campaigns to customers who have signed up.
The email field in a signup form is a critical element that enables websites and apps to gather email addresses in order to communicate with their users . To ensure that users have willingly provided their email address, many websites and apps use the email double opt-in process. This involves sending a confirmation email to the user's provided email address, which they must click on to verify and confirm their subscription. By using email double opt-in, websites and apps can ensure that users have willingly subscribed to receive emails and prevent spam complaints.
Add Email field to a Form
- Follow the above laid down steps to create a signup form and you will find email field already in any of the layout you choose for your signup form.
- You can drag and drop each field to rearrange them according to your designing requirement.
- Click on the edit option available on the email field. The following drop down screen shall appear.
- Here, you can edit the label.- (Receive Emails from ABC, email address, etc) and the placeholder text which you want to display over the form.
- The email Field will already be pre-mapped to the correct system field.
- Once you are done with the defining the field attributes, click on create form.
- Also, you can enable the double opt-in feature from the settings. To know more read 'Double Opt-In For Email Contact'.
- You will find your Sign up form along with the Email field. This will allow you to send email campaigns to customers who have signed up.
WhatsApp opt-in checkbox
Whatsapp is one of the popular social communication channels which is used by a large number of people. These days people are using whatsapp as a mode of communication. When you ask customers for their phone number in the signup form,you can add the whatsapp opt-in checkbox to your form to give them an option to receive updates and notifications via whatsapp.
Add WhatsApp opt-in checkbox
- The WhatsApp opt-in section includes two components viz. phone number and WhatsApp opt-in checkbox.
- Simply Create a signup form following the steps laid down above.
- Once you select suitable layout just click on add new field drop down menu and choose phone number and whatsapp opt-in checkbox field simultaneously.
- You will now see the new fields you added to the form field layout. Also you can drag and drop each field to rearrange them according to your designing requirement.
- Click on the edit option available on the whatsapp opt-in checkbox. The following drop down screen shall appear.
- Here you can edit the label which you want to display on the Sign-Up form.
- Also, you must click on show label checkbox.
- The WhatsApp checkbox user attribute will already be pre-mapped to the correct system field.
- Click on create button and you will see your designed sign form along with the whatsapp opt-in checkbox.
Moreover, NotifyVisitors provides you with multiple options to customize labels and fields as per your requirement. By editing your fields and labels, you can ensure that your signup form accurately reflects the information you want to collect from your visitors. This can help increase conversion rates and improve the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
- Follow the same process laid down above to create a signup form.
- Click on the 'Add New Field' drop-down menu and select the 'Terms And Conditions Checkbox' field.
- A new field will be added to your form layout.
- Click on the 'Edit' option available on the Terms and Conditions checkbox field.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, you can define the field attributes.
- Click on the checkbox to add a URL.
- Once you finish defining the field attributes, click on the "Create Form" button or 'Save' button to apply the changes.
The SMS, Email field and whatsapp opt-in checkbox have a significant role in obtaining explicit consent of the users and gathering customers who are really interested in communication over respective means.
Thus, With NotifyVisitors Drag and Drop tool you can easily create a customizable signup form where you can add and edit a variety of fields by following the process explained above.It provides its users with complete flexibility while designing signup forms so that an optimum outcome can be achieved.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article