Double opt-in is a process used to confirm that a person wants to receive emails from a specific sender. It involves sending an initial email to a potential subscriber, asking them to confirm their subscription by clicking a link or button in the email. This helps ensure that the person is genuinely interested in receiving emails from the sender and also helps prevent email addresses from being added to mailing lists without the owner's consent. It is a best practice for preventing spam emails and for building a clean email list.
Advantages Of Double Opt-In Email Marketing Feature
There are several advantages of using a double opt-in process for email marketing viz.
- Enhances email list quality: By requiring subscribers to confirm their subscription, double opt-in helps ensure that the email addresses on your list are valid and belong to people who are genuinely interested in receiving emails from you.
- Reduces bounce rates: When sending emails to a list of confirmed subscribers, bounce rates (i.e. the percentage of emails that are returned as undeliverable) are likely to be lower.
- Helps prevent spam complaints: When people confirm their subscription to your emails, they are less likely to mark your messages as spam in the future.
- Increases engagement: Subscribers who have confirmed their subscription to your emails are more likely to be engaged with your content and more likely to open, read, and act on your messages.
- Compliance with laws and regulations: Double opt-in is a requirement for many laws and regulations such as CAN-SPAM Act and GDPR.
- Builds trust: Double opt-in process shows that you respect the user's privacy and want to ensure they want to receive your emails and they are more likely to trust you.
Double Opt-In Set Up Process In NotifyVisitors
The process of setting up double opt-in for your website notifications is very important in order to ensure that your subscribers are genuinely interested in receiving your updates. Here's a quick guide on how to set up double opt-in for your NotifyVisitors account:
1. Go to your NotifyVisitors dashboard and navigate to the 'Settings' ⚙️ tab.
2. Select the 'Preference Pages' option for the notification you want to set up double opt-in for.
3. In the 'Double opt-in Customization Mail' tab, fill in the details such as Subject Line, Sender’s Name, Sender’s Email, Email Content, Button Text and Colour. Click on the ‘Save’ button.
Double Opt-In Customization Mail: It is the email that will be sent to the users for double opt-in.
4. Click on the ‘Double opt-in Confirmation‘ tab. Fill in the details such as Page Headline, Page Content, Website Button Text, Button Colour and Website Button URL.
Double Opt-In Confirmation: This page will be displayed when the user chooses his/her preferences for the email. It is basically the acknowledgement page.
Users can make use of the combination of buttons, graphics, and text to encourage the user to opt-in.
Double Opt-In Lead Forms
Lead forms are integral to post-click landing pages. They are the element that brings leads and increases your conversion rates. A double opt-in lead form is a form that requires a person to confirm their interest in receiving information from you before they are added to your contact list. This extra step ensures that people who sign up for your emails are actually interested in hearing from you, which can help to improve your overall email deliverability.
1. Log in to your NotifyVisitors account and Navigate to On-site. Select the Signup form option and Click on the ‘Signup Form’ tab that appears at the top of the page.
2. Click on the ‘Create New Signup Form’ button that appears at the top of the page & select a form type.
3. You can select your own form type and create your own form by filling in the form details.
4. The entire Form Panel appears with tabs Description, Thank You, Settings and Targeting Rules. Select the Description tab to drag and drop the blocks to create a form. Click on “Save and Continue” after each step is finished.
5. Once the Description is completed move to the next tab 'Thank You' and click on 'Save and Continue'.
6. Move to the 'Settings' tab. Tick the box on Email Verification to enable Double opt-in and manage the auto-close timings. Click on 'Save and Continue'.
7. The last tab displays the Targeting Rules. It includes 5 sections such as 'Display Triggers', 'Configure Page URLs', 'Session Based', 'Technology' and 'Advance Rules'.
8. Click on 'Configure Page URL'. In the Value tab add the page URL link where you want the lead form to be displayed. Change the Status to 'Active' and click on the 'Update' button.
9. Once you refresh the page URL, the Double opt-in Signup form appears as shown below.
That's it! you've now successfully set up double opt-in for your website notifications. This will ensure that only subscribers who are genuinely interested in receiving your updates will be added to your list.