NotifyVisitors offers clients a valuable product recommendations feature within their email campaigns, allowing them to significantly enhance the quality of their emails. This feature introduces a separate section in the email that presents a curated list of items and items added to favorites or the cart. To facilitate this process, NotifyVisitors provides three distinct methods for populating products in email campaigns.-
- The first method involves seamless integration with catalog, where NotifyVisitors automatically syncs catalogs from CMS like shopify.
- The second method entails utilizing a product feed like “best selling products”, “most viewed products”, “customers may also like”, allowing clients to leverage an existing feed to populate their email campaigns.
- Lastly, NotifyVisitors offers the option to populate products from events, which we will delve deeper into in this article, exploring its unique benefits and implementation strategies.
In this article you will learn about-
- Types of product recommendation emails
- Why it is important to send product recommendations
- Strategies for product recommendation Emails
- When to send
- What to write
- How to add products from catalog in Email Campaigns
Types of product recommendation emails
Product recommendation emails are of two types viz. generic and specific.
Generic emails are sent in bulk to users when there is insufficient behavioral data. The best sellers, seasonal products, new arrivals, and other items are included in recommendation emails.
Specific emails display specific products to users based on their purchasing habits or latest browsing history.
Why it is important to send product recommendations
Offering relevant products is beneficial for both the customer and the e-commerce businesses. The primary advantage of suggesting products through personalized product recommendations are:
- Improved user experience: Product recommendations help to personalize the purchasing process and make it simpler for customers to navigate your products.
- Increase in customer engagement: The right product recommendations will engender brand loyalty, encourage more site visits, and eventually promote more interactions with your brand.
- Increase in sales: Your sales figures will increase the more worthwhile options you provide your customers to browse and purchase.
Strategies for product recommendations
The strategies to keep in mind when you send product recommendations emails:
When to send
During various phases of the customer's life cycle, you can send product recommendation emails. You can send them when you are:
- Introducing a new product line.
- Trying to promote a particular product range.
- concentrating on products for certain sales, discounts, or promotions.
What to write
Promote specific products -
Concentrate on particular products, and provide pertinent images and product details. This will retain the customers interest and motivate them to make purchases.
Take into account customer behavior -
Product recommendations should be based on customer behavior such as previous purchases, browsing history, cart abandonments, etc.
How to setup products from catalog in email campaigns
Firstly, you need to sync your store catalog into NotifyVisitors account. If you have connected using a CMS plugin like for shopify, you can do it on a click. This will enable you to add product recommendations to your email campaigns. Moreover, these product recommendations can be set on all modes like segment, journey, broadcast, etc. To include products within an email, follow the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to Campaigns over the NotifyVisitors Dashboard.
- Click on Email Campaign.
- Enter Campaign Information and click on continue to content.
- A new modal shall follow where you will have to enter campaign content and create design of your email.
- Select the Drag & Drop Editor and click on create Design.
- The email template editor opens up.
- Click on the Rows option. A new section will appear.
- Open the drop-down menu and Click on Search Products.
- A new window shall follow. Click on the button titled ‘Browse Products from your catalog’.
- A new modal will appear displaying a variety of products from which you can select and add products to your email template.
- Choose a product(s) which you want to add as a recommendation and click on next.
- A new window shall follow.
- Here, you will have options to customize your items as per your requirements-
› Rearrange items- you can change the order of display of the items and rearrange them.
› Field to be included- you can decide which piece of information pertaining to the products should be displayed, such as image, title, description, buttons etc. Simply uncheck the box of that particular piece of information which you do not wish to include within your email.
› How many items do you want in one row - click on the drop down and select the number of items you want in one row.
› Layout (vertical or horizontal) - select a suitable layout to display your products.
- When you are done with the customization, just click on add products.
- You will in turn be redirected to the Drag & Drop template editor window which displays your selected items according to the customisation performed.
- Now, just Drag and Drop the Products from the right side of the screen towards the design area.
- Click on Save.
- Moreover, you can click on the ‘Save As Template’ option in order to save your campaign design as a template in the “My Templates” Section. This template can be used further for creating new Email Campaigns.
Thus, it's quite easy to set up product recommendations in email campaigns. Try this feature and see the changes in your revenue.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article