This is the second session in our Onboarding series that will help you understand how you can start building your audience. We will discuss 4 stages to get started.
Start Building Your Contact List — Start with capturing emails via website / App / Lead forms / push subscribers.
Contact Profile — All the customer-related data will be available in customers' profiles to deliver a better experience.
Segmentation — Pay attention to the most relevant details and offer the best as per the needs.
Nurturing Your Contact List — Understanding how things work and segmenting them to improve deliverability.
1. Start Building Your Contact List
whenever customers provide their information while placing an order in your store, he further allows you to understand what kinds of products they prefer. To offer them the right marketing, you need to reach your customer with promotional messages and develop strong and healthy relationships.
There are different ways to acquire more precise information about the customers such as:
• Lead Forms
They all allow you to acquire data about the customers. For example, signup forms show up whenever a customer spends some time in the store. Also, while signing up on the web or app, customers need to fill in their details. All these details help businesses to grow their contact list.
2. Contact Profile
All contacts who have visited your store and provided their email address or phone number will be included in your contacts list. A dedicated profile will be there for every customer, along with some relevant information.
• Personal details
• Subscription status for every channel
• A list of the tags assigned to the customer and a list of the Segments each customer belongs to
• Web-tracking data is displayed under the Activity, Orders, and Products tabs
Segmentation helps you to understand your customers in a better way. It streamlines your interaction with specific groups. Moreover, it lets you drive more engagement, opens, and reads newsletters, automation messages, and online ads leading to better sales. Further, you can refine or filter your contacts based on:
• Channel subscription
• Shopping behaviour
• Email campaign activity
• SMS campaign activity
Sending promotions to relevant contacts help you save time and deliver better outcomes. It's up to you how you want to segment them and also you can add filters as per your convenience.
4. Nurturing Your Contact List
Only accumulating contacts won't help you. You have to keep a tab on them actively. Here are a few ways to do that:
• Organize your subscribers organically — via your store's check-out or signup forms.
• Share relevant and informative content to your subscribers.
• Interact regularly and precisely. Don't share the same message with everyone.
• Warm up by Sending emails within the limit to check the level of engagement.
• Refine your contact list frequently.